Monday, January 3, 2011

bug bites, karaoke, and balut

I'm quietly battling mild jet lag (and shadows of bug bites) now that I'm back from my three-week soul vacation to the Philippines.
Grandpa chillaxing on the hammock in the backyard. Had I taken this photo from behind him, you'd see my Grandmother's eden of flowers and plants, and beyond that, a few hectares of uncultivated rice fields.

The moment I stepped off the plane I felt like Marion Cotillard's character in Inception. This life doesn't seem as real (or as awesome) as the one back in the P.I. This is perhaps the only caveat to taking a long vacation: I feel rejuvenated, yet I commiserate the return to reality. I already miss almost daily indulgences of karaoke, halo-halo, late-night binges of balut, and the occasional libation.

However, there is a lot to look forward to in this new year!(!!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment