Sunday, January 9, 2011

confession:

I didn’t start going to movie theaters until I was a sophomore in high school. I’m still catching up on all the great movies from the 90’s to early ‘00s (thank heaven for Netflix.)

I can bet you that I’ve seen less movies than incarcerates spending their lives in jails and high-falutin, more righteous-than-thou head nuns—combined. On the bright side, it’s easy to recount my favorite movies.

Favorite movies from the 2000’s--a list in progress:
Juno
Little Miss Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Departed
Brokeback Mountain

Favorite movie adaptations from the 2000’s:
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Favorite Romantic Comedies:
Love Actually
You’ve Got Mail
When Harry Met Sally

Favorite movies that start with the letter “A”:
Almost Famous
American Beauty

Favorite Movies with Likable Stalkers:
Sleepless in Seattle

Favorite movies where the main characters don’t speak English:
Wall-E

Favorite one shouldn’t enjoy watching multiple times, yet I have:
Syriana
Mystic River
There Will Be Blood

Favorite Audrey Hepburn movies:
Funny Face
Roman Holiday

Favorite movies I refuse to watch American adaptations of:
Paris Je T’Aime
My Sassy Girl

Knee-slapping, laughing-so-hard-that-no-sounds-are-emitting-from-my-mouth:
Fargo

Movies I didn't think I'd like:
Blades of Glory
Talladega Nights

1 comment:

  1. Fargo's my favorite heartwarming, feel-good comedy too.

    ReplyDelete